This course is run at Kingairloch Estate on the shore of Loch Linnhe which is a sea loch. This location is remote and will offer a fantastic experience for those wanting to learn about coastal survival.
2 Day Coastal Survival Course £200.00
The Overview for the 2 Day Coastal Survival Course includes the following:
Our 2 Day Coastal Survival Course will teach you skills required to help you survive on a coastal / shoreline environment. As with all our survival courses we will follow the survival priorities of PLAN-M (Protection, Location, Acquisition, Navigation and Medical) but targeting the teaching at those different skills required to survive and hopefully thrive on a coastal / shoreline environment.
The course will be run over 2 days and 2 nights, starting around lunchtime on a Friday and finish again around lunchtime on the Sunday.
The course is run at Kingairloch Estate on the shore of Loch Linnhe which is a sea loch. This location is remote and will offer a fantastic experience for those wanting to learn about coastal survival.
A reasonable level of fitness is required for this course as it will involve around a 1-1 ½ hour walk in with all your kit and then long hours learning over the 2 days.
The Itinerary for the 2 Day Coastal Survival Course includes the following:
Principles and Priorities of Survival
Kit and Equipment
Cutting tools including handling safety
Protection from the elements and further harm:
- Improvised emergency shelters using items potentially found along a shoreline
- Bedding and insulation with natural materials;
- Integration of fire into shelter;
- Improving your shelter;
- Sleeping systems.
- Ignition sources (natural & man-made);
- Tinder man-made vs natural;
- Getting the most from your fire;
- Tinder production;
- Fire lays.
Attracting Rescue – Attract, Hold and Direct
- Smoke/Fire signal;
- Ground to Air signals;
- Passive methods of signalling.
- Finding water sources;
- Treating water – including desalination of seawater using distillation methods.
- Man-made and improvised filters;
- Water purification methods;
- Water management
- Wild edibles (seasonal) including seaweed.
- The law on trapping, fishing and fish traps, snaring/trapping – Strangle – Mangle – Dangle – Tangle
- Map and compass – Setting a map to the ground;
- Bearings and contour appreciation;
- Timing and pacing including micro nav;
- Natural Navigation – Sun, stars and moon.
|22 March 2024||12:00 - 12:00||10||£200||Book Now|